English Part XIII
Hello friends, welcome back to our blog! – you feel like knowing more about job-interviews?
As promised, we will provide some more advice on how to succeed in job interviews.
It is essential to make a good impression at a job interview. Often, the interviewer is looking not only at your skills and experience, but also to see whether you and the company will be a good fit. For the best chances of success, you need to prepare well, relax and be yourself. And besides, try to treat your interview as a conversation.
Useful phrases are:
- a) Starting out:
– Hello. Thank you for inviting me. It’s nice to meet you.
– I’m interested in talking to you about …
– I’ve been reading about…… on your company’s website.
- b) Speaking about your experience:
– As you will have seen from my CV …
– I’ve been working in this field for …..
– My studies were also related to this type of work.
– I feel like I’m ready for a new challenge.
- c) Talking about your attitude:
– I like to bring added benefit to the organization.
– I regularly go further than what is asked of me.
– I’m always looking for new ways to innovate and improve efficiency.
- d) Asking questions:
– Could you tell me more about …?
– I’m curious about ….
– Could I speak to some of the people I would be working with?
– What would a regular day in the job look like?
- e) Ending positively
– Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me.
– That sounds great.
– What are the next steps?
WARNING! Never lie – this cheating both yourself and the company. Also, you might end up with responsibilities you are unable to fulfil. AND: Don’t be afraid to decline a job offer if you feel the job’s not right for you.
See you on our next blog! And feel free to let us have your comments or tell us about your experiences ? Renate