Bikmo is an adventure sports technology company, with a simple mission to provide exceptional services that enable our customers to spend more time exploring the great outdoors.
Focussing initially on insurance in the cycling sector, we’re now live in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria and by utilising sector expertise, technology, a love for the sport and an open approach to data, we’ve won customers, partners, awards and 5-star reviews.
Our vision is to become as synonymous for what we do in adventure sports as GoPro for Cameras, Oakley for eyewear or Strava for tracking.
We are searching for an ambitious marketing polymath to lead and develop Bikmo into a global brand. Insurance sector experience is definitely not what we’re after. We’re after someone who loves and knows bike and adventure sports, who understands what makes our target audience tick, can get stuck in and make it happen.
- UK : https://bikmo.com/
- DE+AT : https://bikmo.de
- IE : https://bikmo.ie
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ridebikmo
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/ridebikmo/
Reporting to the CEO, the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Bikmo brand and marketing across our territories, currently including UK/IE/DE/AT. As well as the technical aspects of managing campaigns and reporting, you will also be responsible for brand language, messaging and positioning.
Current marketing channels include, but are not limited to;
- Paid digital – PPC/social/YouTube
- SEO – Management of key pages + link building
- Content – social/blog/YouTube – inc outreach
- Events – we have a coffee/bar horsebox and work with event organisers
- PR – great for visibility and SEO. We should do more
- Ambassadors – we have a network across road/MTB/tri with big social followings
- Partners – retailers/brands/distributors/organisations (these relationships are managed by the sales team)
You will be supported by the sales and customer experience functions, and will need to build a network to generate content and support marketing channels.
Compliance with advertising regulations, including financial promotions needs to be managed – training will be provided on these aspects.
This is a big role for our business and with current resources, the candidate needs to be hands-on and manage campaigns themselves initially. This means being ultra-efficient in your use of time, task management and communication. We’re very exited to see what the right person can bring to the team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of managing the delivery of big impact campaigns in an area of the bike or adventure sports world. It won’t just be a job – to get under the skin of our target audience, you need to be one of us and live it. Other things you need;
- Brand led – connecting with our audience and inspiring them to choose and share Bikmo.
- Creative – getting our message across with words/image/video/everything!
- Innovative + ambitious – how do we create a big impact on limited budgets? We like bold.
- Data focussed – you know data, understand key metrics and are nimble in GA and other tools.
- FB + Adwords fluent – understand and manage targeting, audiences and campaigns.
- Exceptional time management, communication and dealing with pressure is a given.
- English fluency is mandatory.
- German fluency is mandatory.
- Willing to live in the most stunning mountainous areas the planet has to offer
This role is a full time role at 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We have offices in Chester – UK, Munich – DE and Innsbruck – AT and are flexible with where you are based, given all territories need to be covered. Everyone in the Bikmo team works remotely to some degree.
It will be highly beneficial to spend the initial phase of your employment sitting side-by-side with our CEO Dave, in order to get to grips with the brand, current activities, our roadmap, and our working expectations. This can be done at one of our offices, depending on your location.
The starting salary for this role is €30,000 – €48,000 per annum, dependent on experience, with bi-annual reviews and no annual cap on increases. As a growing business, our benefit structure is under review and will include a share options scheme and holiday entitlement boost.
Holiday is pro rata at a minimum of 28 days per year, inclusive of bank holidays, depending on your working location. You get an additional day of leave for your birthday and may take 1 day per month for riding adventures / 12 days per year – in return for content for our magazine.